ALL-INDIA CONVENTION AGAINST SEZ, LAND-GRABBING & DISPLACEMENT
Posted by Admin on December 12, 2009
AGAINST SEZ, LAND-GRABBING & DISPLACEMENT
Date: 13 December 2009
Time: 10am – 8pm
Venue: Garhwal Bhavan, Panchkuyan Road
(next to Jhandewalan Metro Station, near Paharganj),
“ALL INDIA CO-ORDINATION OF MOVEMENTS AGAINST SEZ, LAND-GRABBING AND DISPLACEMENT”,
an initiative which has been formed to co-ordinate the variouspeoples’ movements on these issues all over India.
Representatives from anti-SEZ movements of Kalinganagar, anti-POSCO, Raigad, Bhayandar, anti-DOW in Maharashtra, Singur, Nandigram, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and others, Struggling organisations and eminent intellectuals like Prof. Amit Bhaduri, Mr. Prashant Bhushan, Prof. Manoranjan Mohanty, Gautam Navalakha, Anand Swaroop Verma and others will participate in and address the convention.
1. Scrap the SEZ Act of 2005 and all related state SEZ acts.
2. Immediately stop all SEZ projects and return the acquired lands to the farmers.
3. Stop the anti-people land-grabbing and plundering of natural resources.
4. Fight against globalization.
5. Withdraw all cases against activists of anti-SEZ movements.
Any struggling organisation or individual who are in agreement with these common minimum points are invited to be a part of this initiative to intensify the struggle.
The functioning of the committee would be based on the following policies:
1. A basic perspective towards the SEZ and land-grab policies as anti-people tools of exploitation.
2. Coordination of the various struggles against SEZs and land acquisition going on in various parts of the country.
3. Compensation/rehabilitation would not be accepted as an objective of anti-SEZ movements.
4. Non-participation of NGOs in the committee.
5. Participation of all organizations, movements and individuals engaged in anti-SEZ and anti-landgrab struggles based on the five points of common minimum understanding and the above policies for the functioning of the committee.
1. Justice P.B. Sawant (Convenor) (Maharashtra)
2. Justice Kolsepatil (Maharashtra)
3. Vilas Sonawane (Coordinator) (Maharashtra)
4. Y. S. Rao (Andhra Pradesh)
5. Abhay Sahoo (Orissa)
6. Prashanta Paikray (Orissa)
7. Bhalchandra Sadangi (Orissa)
8. Sheomangal Siddhantkar (Delhi)
9. Chandrashekar (Karnataka)
10. Amitabha Bhattacharya (West Bengal)
11. Kushal Debnath (West Bengal)
12. Alik Chakrabarty (West Bengal)
13. Partho Sarothi Ray (West Bengal)
Nayanjyoti, Amit (9873057637), Arya(9873887667)